Steep watercourses are more economically viable
Glen Hydro will project manage the scheme from conception through to electricity generation. In addition to overseeing the construction work on site, our work during the build phase includes:
- Liaison with SEPA, SNH and the planning authority. These bodies can be expected to monitor the construction process carefully to ensure compliance with their requirements
- Co-ordination of work across several different disciplines on site. There will a number of different contractors requiring access to the site, including civil, electrical and mechanical engineers in addition to work by the DNO. Some of these contractors will be constrained by the regulatory authorities as to when they are able to work.
- Commissioning of the equipment, involving engineers from the equipment suppliers as necessary.
- Training in the operation of the equipment
- The preparation of a project information pack